Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five more days. Wait, what?

Five. More. Days. And just ten minutes or so left of class. I'm trying to fill it up with pressing keys on a keyboard. Just to look busy. There isn't a single bit of fear lurking inside of me at all. I prayed and prayed at the beginning of this year that I would feel ready to leave when the time came. Prayer answered! Times a hundred! I've never been more ready to leave this place in the nine years or so that I've been here, and there have been some rough times. I'm leaving without a reputation (better than a bad one), without any mark on this place at all. I think that's the only thing I would change about my time here. I don't wish I had been a track star or in student government, or honor-student. I just wish I had left some sort of a mark. I know who I am, but I never showed who I was to anyone else. My identity should be in Christ, and that's what I slipped up on. I bet very few could tell. You should never keep him to yourself, he is meant to be shared. (five more minutes) Well, I guess it's never too late, I still have five more days to do something about it. I just have no clue as to how I would do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment